APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2007-11 > 1195601807

From: "LaWanna Blount, Ph.D." <>
Subject: Re: [APG] BA in Genealogical Studies at Akamai University
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 15:36:47 -0800 (PST)

Jeannette,
I was addressing the question about legalities of
accreditation which is below about the graduates. Yoy
asked two questions... If you go to the website on
alumni commentary from the main page on our website
your question will be answered many times.There you
can read all the comments from our alumni from many
differenct Centers(schools) and levels. doctorate,
master's and bachelor's. This spring there was a
convocation in Colorado with the School (Center for
Transpersonal Psychology) and three graduates.
--- Jeanette Daniels <>
wrote:

> LaWanna:
>
> Perhaps my email below got forgotten when reading
> the others. I am still interested in knowing if you
> have any graduates of Akamai university yet,
> especially in the highest degree that is given.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeanette
>
> LaWanna:
>
> Thank you for explaining how to find the BA in
> Genealogical Studies page on the Akamai University
> site. I have a better idea now of what you are
> creating. If I have read correctly, "Akamai
> University is not accredited by an accrediting
> agency or association recognized by the US
> Department of Education." So, when you meet with
> the DETC accreditation review this Spring, are you
> trying to get the genealogical studies courses to go
> into previously submitted accreditation for the
> entire college or are you starting at the beginning?
> Do you have any graduates for any majors from your
> college yet?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Jeanette

> Make Yahoo! your homepage.