APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2007-11 > 1195608354

From: Dee Dee King <>
Subject: Re: [APG] BA in Genealogical Studies at Akamai University
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 17:25:54 -0800 (PST)

Two things here are bothersome. Number one, private emails should not be re-posted on this public list. That is not ethical.

Secondly, Gordon S. Harmon should, in the fairness of full disclosure, make it clear that he is on the staff of Heritage Genealogical College, along with Jeanette Davis.

http://genealogy.edu/moodle/mod/resource/view.php?id=25

"Gordon S. Harmon, BS (Biology/Chemistry), MPH (Public Health), HGCC [Heritage College] (Genealogy Certificate) - specializing in early colonial and Midwestern United States and ancestral military research."

Ya'll constantly knockin' Akamai looks like sour grapes.

Akamai's Program Director is Carolyn Earle Billingsley,PhD, respected author, lecturer and experienced "real world researcher". Carolyn is working on her CG portfolio. Another PhD, a member of APG's Lone Star Chapter, has signed on to teach.

It has been repeatedly stated that Akamai is in the process of recruiting instructors who have both higher degrees and real world experience. Perhaps ya'll could back off the rock throwin' until they've at least had the opportunity to post the full list of courses and instructors?

Best regards,
Dee Dee King, Certified Genealogist
President, Lone Star Chapter of APG

And in the interest of fair and full disclosure, about to enroll in Akamai, because I did investigate all the opportunities.

Message: 4