APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2007-11 > 1196209176

From: "Janis Gilmore" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Photo Image Identification
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 19:19:36 -0500

On the advice of this list, I paid just $60 (a bargain) to Maureen, the
photo detective, to analyze a similar situation.

I had a tintype of a man with a fiddle, and I believed that I had been told
that it was John Jasper Campbell, born 1838 MO. However, his son James Boyd
Campbell, b 1871, also played the fiddle, and I wanted some professional
dating to help me nail the photo. I submitted the original photo to Maureen,
along with later photos of each of the two gentlemen in question, and her
methods were able to determine that it was the father. And I have her
well-written and concise summary to file with the photo.

Just a thought.

Janis Walker Gilmore
Pawleys Island, SC & Seattle, WA