APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2007-12 > 1196550418

From: "MJ Mann" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] iti - Norway commercial
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 18:06:58 -0500

On Dec 1, 2007 4:40 PM, Craig Scott <> wrote:
> Not having a known drop of Scandinavian blood, except in how it ended up in
> the British Isles,
snip

> Then I got to thinking. How did they determine in the archive that they
> weren't from there?
snip

Craig,

Perhaps just based on the spelling of the surname. (?)

I don't recall which was which (too tired from raking leaves before
the snow comes to look <g>), but with Norway/Denmark/Sweden, there's a
distinction. (DK used to be part of one of the other two, and uses the
same distinction.) One place uses --- sen, the other -- son, for
instance, Petersen, Peterson.

Just a thought from someone else who doesn't have any known Scandinavian blood..

Maureen J Mann
New Jersey

This thread: