APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2007-12 > 1196948232

From: "Barbara J. Mathews" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Ethical Membership
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 08:37:12 -0500

Marie writes:
> Just curious....isn't this a subject better discussed on the APG
> members forum?

To be honest, such fundamental questions about the future of the
organization probably do belong there, but that's not where the membership
in general gets its news. With that in mind, I actually checked the Forum a
day or two ago. I myself hadn't by then used the Forum in months. What I
found was that the most recent posting in any topic was by then a week old,
the next most recent two weeks old. Several topics hadn't been posted since
July and a few since April.

It may just be that everyone finds the email aspect of the Rootsweb list is
the best way for us to receive information passively. At least, it seems
that the Rootsweb list does garner more attention from the membership. I do
think that this discussion merits attention from the wider membership even
if it does mean that the discussion takes place in public.

Barbara

This thread: