APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2007-12 > 1197750606

From: Claire Bettag <>
Subject: [APG] Harold Hinds's article in NGS NewsMagazine
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 15:30:06 -0500

I heartily recommend Harold Hinds's article about writing family
history in the current NGS NewsMagazine (pp. 62–63). In his piece
entitled "Thinking Like a Professional Historian," Harold
(distinguished research professor of history at the University of
Minnesota, Morris) suggests several published works to help family
historians understand, and present, findings as more than textbook-
like outlines of facts, dates, places, and key figures. Well worth
reading, and I look forward to reading the books on his list. Thanks,
Harold!

Claire

Claire Bettag
1685 34th Street NW