APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-01 > 1199486636

From: "Melinde Sanborn" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Going Pro
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 17:43:56 -0500

Dear Eileen,

I respect your opinion. The term "forensic genealogist" predates recent TV
series, though. I put it on my very first business card. Somehow I managed
to work as a genealogist without a business card until 1987. The card says
at the bottom: "Historical Research since 1976 Forensic Research since
1984" I didn't make it up, so it must be older than 1987.

Melinde

Eileen wrote: A number of years ago a
colleague added "forensic genealogist" to his business card which I thought
was silly because of course that is one of the things we do. It was a method
to be "in" with all the CSI type shows on TV.

Maybe I'm just against "cute names" .

This thread: