APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-01 > 1199685460

From: "Elissa Scalise Powell, CG" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Going "Pro" - past lecture recordings
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 00:57:40 -0500

My word of caution would be to be aware that lecturers continually work to
update their lectures and to try to get the latest one available in order to
receive good information. Even methodology and terms change over time. Since
Repeat Performances have not taped at any conferences in the past couple of
years, it is a bit of a hunt and seek to find the more recent recordings.
The FGS Boston 2006 conference is available through Lulu.com at $1.99 a
download -- quite a bargain! NGS 2007 Richmond is available through
http://www.jamb-inc.com on CD-Rom. FGS Ft. Wayne 2007 was not taped.

Syllabuses (handouts for each of the lectures at conferences) might still be
available through the sponsoring organizations. Look on their websites to
see if past ones are offered. There is a subject index at fgs.org under the
conferences tab.

Best,
Elissa

Elissa Scalise Powell, CG
www.PowellGenealogy.com
Certification of Genealogists used under license after periodic evaluations
by the Board.

This thread: