APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-01 > 1199717422

From: "Aunt Lizzie's Trunk" <>
Subject: [APG] email subject lines
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 09:50:22 -0500

Dear Listers,

I just downloaded over 80 emails from the APG list (collected since
yesterday). 75 of them had the subject "Re: [APG] genealogy
definitions." These emails covered a wide range of specific
definitions, many of which will not affect me and my business directly.
When joining a conversation on such a broad topic, I suggest that we try
to clearly specify the topic we wish to address. This is especially
true for folks who receive messages by digest and respond to them a week
later with the subject line such as "Re: [APG] APG Digest, Vol 72, Issue
4." (Receiving APG emails by digest must be much more overwhelming than
getting them daily. You must get /hundreds /at a time.)

While I find our discussions to be enlightening and useful, there are
times when I just can't read 80 emails and I would like to be
selective. Just a quick change in the subject line before sending an
email would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Nora Galvin
Bridgeport, Connecticut