APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-01 > 1200354724

From: Carolyn Ybarra <>
Subject: [APG] Eudora Mail server Re: Oops, again
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 15:52:04 -0800

I had to discontinue Eudora a while ago too. When I got my PowerBook
G4 (about 5 years ago?), Eudora no longer worked and they did not have
a good fix for whatever operating system etc. I was using. So I
switched to the Apple Mail application, which is somewhat similar to
Eudora (ability to make folders, sort mail, etc.). All my old mail
files migrated easily. I have been happy with Mail, despite having
used Eudora for several years.

Since lots of viruses target Outloook and Outlook Express, I have heard
for PC's that one recommended free program is the one you download from
Firefox (Mozilla). I have not tried it but keep intending to get it
downloaded for my husband. (I do use the Firefox browser sometimes, and
I like it).

Carolyn
Carolyn Ybarra, Ph.D
Family Research Services
1017 El Camino Real #332
Redwood City, CA 94063

On Jan 14, 2008, at 12:00 AM, wrote:

> From: Kathy Rippel <>

> Carolyn-
>
> I have used Eudora for years, both at home and at work. All the
> computers in our library system have Eudora installed.
>
> I really haven't noticed that much difference from the older
> versions, but maybe I don't use some of the bells and whistles you did.
>
> I've never used Outlook, on the advice of our tech guy, what I've
> read, and what I've observed.
>
> You might give Eudora a try again.
>
> Kathy
>
> At 08:51 PM 1/10/2008, wrote:
>

>> Might I add that I absolutely hate Outlook Express. Formerly I was an
>> ardent
>> Eudora user for over a decade, but as others of you probably know,
>> they no
>> longer exist in their previous format or business or whatever. So I
>> switched
>> to OE. And I've gone in and checked all the settings and it says to
>> only use
>> the VPBC in HTML emails. So I don't know why that's happening but it
>> doesn't
>> happen on other Rootsweb lists.
>>
>> I apologize for the confusion it may have created. Regards, Carolyn
>>
>> Carolyn Earle Billingsley, Ph.D.

This thread: