APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-01 > 1201189939

Subject: [APG] The Membership Game Plus Feedback
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 15:52:19 +0000 (UTC)

I'm not suggesting a feedback system. I'm suggesting that if we had different levels of membership that acknowledge a more professional attitude -- about education, involvement in the field, etc. that we might have a better chance of finding our colleagues who will do the best work. Certification takes many, many hours of work -- I know because I'm in the middle of it. I'll get there one of these years, but in the meantime it would be good to have some method of differentiating between the people who are working at a professional level and those who aren't. The APG standards would indicate members should be, but as my previous experience has shown, that isn't always the case.

Peggy

-----------------------------
Peggy Baldwin MLS
Family Passages LLC
www.family-passages.com

Bonnie responds:

A feedback system - positive, negative, neutral comments - on the
performance of a member would be a helpful tool; however, I think it would
be expensive to set up and maintain, and there could be legal ramifications,
since negative feedback could affect a member's livelihood.

Bonnie Dunphy Kohler
Member, APG, South Florida

This thread: