APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-01 > 1201620414

From: "BONNIE J MACDONALD" <>
Subject: [APG] PS-APG February 9, 2008 UW Library Tour
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 07:26:54 -0800

Greetings: The Puget Sound Chapter of the Association of Professional Genealogists will be hosting a tour on the campus of the University of Washington. We will be visiting the Suzzallo and Allen Libraries, two genealogical gems.

First we will meet at the Cafe on the Ave at 4201 University Way - http://www.cafeontheave.com/ on Saturday, February 9, 2008 at 11 a.m. We will have a short business meeting. Please note that the time has been moved up to 11 a.m. to accommodate the tour University of Washington Library Gems, by Evelyn Roehl our own Treasurer and owner of Kin Hunters.

Evelyn Roehl will then share her knowledge of the collections contained within these two libraries. She promises to have handouts. Evelyn has hosted other tours of these two libraries in the past and would be happy assist groups who would like to learn more of how to tap into all the treasures on the UW Campus. They are shifting their collection around and Evelyn was commenting about the confusing changes. So she has her eye on things. I have been going there to tap into the Microfilm and Newspaper collection http://www.lib.washington.edu/mcnews/CurrentNewspapers/. I have also used the Special Collections for they have city directories and many other collections. http://www.lib.washington.edu/ and http://www.lib.washington.edu/about/collections.html. Recently I have been learning of their vast periodical selection which includes the William and Mary Quarterly, the Virginia Magazine and a lot more. Access to on line sources like JSTOR is also available. I am eager to learn more about what else is there and how to access it and to see it through Evelyn's eyes.

Bonnie Jean MacDonald 206-365-5422
BJM Genealogy Research Services
& President of the Puget Sound Chapter
of the Association of Professional Genealogists

This thread: