APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-01 > 1201758178

From: "Joy Rich" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] (no subject)
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 00:42:58 -0500

Dee wrote "And there is nothing wrong with having an open membership that includes the guy
who started family research a week ago and joined APG to learn - let's just please not
misrepresent that this person is a professional genealogist because he's lumped into one
membership 'category', 'tier', 'level'."

I agree with Dee that we should have an open membership.

If the guy with one week's worth of experience accepts clients, I believe that situation
can be addressed by Connie Sheets's suggestion: "This leads me to a proposal: why not
require that anyone who lists himself as 'yes,' accepts clients, also provides information
about their genealogy education and experience?"

Joy

Joy Rich
Chapter Representative, New York Metro Chapter
Association of Professional Genealogists
http://www.apgen.org
http://www.apgen.org/chapters/newyork/index.html
http://www.apgen.org/directory/search_detail.html?mbr_id=584

Message: 5