APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-02 > 1201960397

From: "Jim Smith" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] APG Digest, Vol 3, Issue 79
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 08:53:17 -0500

Thank you Randy, Kimberly, Suzanne, and Langdon for your immediate responses
and assistance.

Randy, as mentioned I had just renewed my subscription to Internet
Genealogy, and I will re-examine the website suggestions for new and
additional resources.

Kimberly, I was able to find immediate references to a marriage and three
births in the "Etat Civil" records from Bordeaux in Gironde from the "Tables
Decennales" or 10-year indexes. I did notice that some of the "Etat Civils"
had actual records available for viewing. Amazing! It was like cranking
through microfilm right at home.

Suzanne, I am running Windows NT and had a bit of time connecting. I had to
download the Java version offered from the website which is a French
connect. Also, I found that there were some timing and uploading delays. I
was able to capture the images full-size and enlarged.

Langdon, thank you for the "Portals to the World" website link. I know I am
asking for much when I ask for translation capability, but I'm probably
asking for a translation capability of the French thought process. I am
fluent in French and impatient. As I never learned French genealogy it is
an area of the French language and mindset that I am completely baffled.
Thank you for your suggestions.

Now if could only find the birth registration and records of my
Great-Grandmother Marie Antoinette (July) Abraham I then would be able to
connect two parts of my father's maternal line.

Thanks to all.

--
Jim

Jim Smith