APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-02 > 1203614825

From: <>
Subject: Re: [APG] APG Digest, Vol 3, Issue 118
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:27:05 -0600

Christine wrote:
> It reminds of what I read by a well-known author about his own writing and
> his success as an author. Not an exact quote but close to it: "I am the
> world's
> worst writer, but I am the world's best editor." Does anyone remember who
> wrote this? I've thought about it many times and wish I could remember who
> wrote
> it!

"I may be the world's worst writer, but I'm the world's best rewriter" is
generally attributed to James Michener. (I used to use that, too, in my
self-editing classes in Helen Leary's IGHR course on professional writing.)

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Shown Mills, CG, CGL,FASG
APG member, Tennessee

This thread: