APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-02 > 1203691648

From: "Christine Sweet-Hart" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Sources Used by Professional Genealogists
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 09:47:28 -0500

I did not receive the original post that is clipped out below, but my
immediate thought is that most people cannot afford Ancestry's prices and in
some cases it may be cheaper to hire someone to do the research for them. I
know it seems hard to believe that people do not have a subscription or can
not visit their local library, but <<gasp>> some people don't want to do the
research -- they'd rather pay someone who has access to a variety of tools.
And I agree with Joan, Ancestry is another tool in the genealogist's
toolbox. It shouldn't be discounted because it has made our job easier in
some respects. Work smarter, not harder.

Christine Sweet-Hart, CG
Massachusetts