APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-02 > 1204100915

From: Tate/King/Cox Families of TN <>
Subject: Re: [APG] RC Cola and Moon Pie
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 00:28:35 -0800 (PST)

Oh my gosh! Melt a moon pie in the oven (not nuke it) for a minute (pre-heated) and put a Double Cola with it and I'm in sheer heaven!

There was nothing like going to Mr. Brown's merchantile in Huntsville for a Double Cola and candy out of the big glass jars. *sigh*

Kathryn Hopkins <> wrote: Hi Doug,

You are correct - the RC (Royal Crown Cola) and Moon Pie was known as "the working man's lunch". Here is a link with history and other information - they now come in many flavors as well as the "Mini" size and "Double Deckers". Seems they were created from a request by coal miners that wanted something to fit in their "lunch pail".

Bell Buckle, TN even has an annual RC and Moon Pie Festival. Here is the link from last year: http://www.bellbucklechamber.com/rcmoon.html

Kathryn Hopkins
Tullahoma, TN

Wasn't that an RC Cola with Moon Pie?