APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-02 > 1204100915

From: Tate/King/Cox Families of TN <>
Subject: Re: [APG] RC Cola and Moon Pie
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 00:28:35 -0800 (PST)

Oh my gosh! Melt a moon pie in the oven (not nuke it) for a minute (pre-heated) and put a Double Cola with it and I'm in sheer heaven!

There was nothing like going to Mr. Brown's merchantile in Huntsville for a Double Cola and candy out of the big glass jars. *sigh*

Stubby

Kathryn Hopkins <> wrote: Hi Doug,

You are correct - the RC (Royal Crown Cola) and Moon Pie was known as "the working man's lunch". Here is a link with history and other information - they now come in many flavors as well as the "Mini" size and "Double Deckers". Seems they were created from a request by coal miners that wanted something to fit in their "lunch pail".

http://www.moonpie.com/index.asp

Bell Buckle, TN even has an annual RC and Moon Pie Festival. Here is the link from last year: http://www.bellbucklechamber.com/rcmoon.html

Kathryn Hopkins
Tullahoma, TN