APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-03 > 1205518217

Subject: Re: [APG] Transplant of Rootsweb to the Ancestry.com domain
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 14:10:17 EDT

Cheryl-

Where, pray tell, did you find this "new" AUP? RootsWeb's AUP:
http://www.rootsweb.com/rootsweb/aup.html hasn't been changed since the
blurb about Adoption Boards was added a year or two ago. It hasn't even been
updated to change the company name from MyFamily.com to TGN. If you are privy to
some "insider" information about a NEW AUP--do tell--please let us know where
you found it.

Seems to me there is a lot of "the sky is falling, the sky is falling" going
on at USGW as usual and very little attention to facts.

Joan

Cheryl wrote:

You need to read the new AUP from Ancestry/Rootsweb discussing branding and
their rights to everything they brand which includes all USGenWeb sites
housed on their servers. I would say this is one of the prime reasons