APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-04 > 1209167871

From: doumajk <>
Subject: [APG] US Sanitary Commission - CW
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 19:57:51 -0400 (EDT)

I looking for one thing (earlier post) I found something else! I don't find a mention in the list archives, so wonder if others might not know and be interested.

The New York Public Library has the records of the United States Sanitary Commission, which was in operation during the Civil War providing hospital services and more to soldiers.
They (NYPL) have a very useful database index to over 9000 inquiry letters in the collection. The letters are not digitized but available. Samples are viewable. For more information on the collection, see the guide to the records from the link.

http://www.nypl.org/research/chss/spe/rbk/soldiers/index.html

Happy hunting,
Jane

This thread: