APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-04 > 1209242253

Subject: Re: [APG] Surname on tombstone for woman with multiple marriages
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 20:37:33 +0000

This is a tough question. I have discussed this with my mother, who was widowed three times and is now in her 90s. She has one child from each of the first two marriages. None of our family lives near where any of her husbands are buried. Her name is on the gravestones for both her second and her third husbands. (The first was lost at sea in WWII) She has finally decided to be buried next to her two sisters, nearby the graves for her parents and grandparents, in the town where she was born (also several states away from her current residence). We will have to figure out whether we will put all four of her surnames on the stone. I am leaning toward doing this, but it might make the stone awkward looking. Since her two sisters were both married, and only have their married names on their stones, it won't be obvious how she is related to anyone else in that plot. A mystery for a future genealogist to solve!
Cathi

From: "Richard A. Pence" <>