APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-05 > 1209655035

Subject: Re: [APG] APG Digest, Vol 3, Issue 260
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 11:18:42 EDT

As usual I'm jumping in late, too much going on. Our illegitimate children
were governed by The Guardians of the Poor. If a husband deserted his family or
a man fathered a child our of wedlock he may find himself in the Court of
Quarter Sessions. These records are available at the Philadelphia City
Archives. I publish a book called "Bonds for the Support of Illegitimate Children and
other Indigent Persons 1811-1859. This is for Philadelphia, of course.

Susan Koelble, CG
www.bareroots.net
Board for Certification of Genealogists used under
license after periodic evaluations by the Board

listings at AOL Autos.