APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-05 > 1209830167

From: "Peggy Baldwin" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Vista
Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 08:56:39 -0700

VISTA has the same problems as any new operating system - we have old
programs that don't work with it. My husband is a beta tester for Apple and
I am a PC user, and as far as I can see, it's what you're used to. We both
have problems with our computers from time to time. My husband has problems
getting some of his programs to operate right with every update of his
operating system too. And, at least I have a variety of genealogy programs
that will work on the PC, where there programs that are available for the
MAC are very limited.

The one thing that MACs have over PCs is, because they have a smaller
market, there aren't many computer viruses written for them.

And, by the way, I love Vista, and even AniMap brought out a new version
that works with. I have Office 2007 and there has been a dramatic positive
change in Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Publisher. There is a lot
less digging in the menus to find what you want. Office is much more fun to
use now!

Peggy

Peggy Baldwin, MLS
Family Passages LLC