APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-05 > 1210381721

From: Chris Staats <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Speaking jitters
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 18:08:41 -0700 (PDT)

I wish I would have had the opportunity to see your too-small slides. I was planning on going to your lecture about the War of 1812 records at the Western PA Genealogical Society a couple of months ago, but a foot of snow put a dent in that plan. I like roller coasters, but not across I-80 in a car that's not attached to the tracks.

Maybe next time.

Chris Staats

crscott <> wrote: Recently I spoke at a state genealogical society conference and today
received from the society the evaluations for that lecture. I quote from the
report

Read out loud, slides too small to read, needs speaking confidence

Those of you who know me know that I don't read anything out loud, that my
slides are Powerpoint and at a minimum 28 pt., except for copies of records
or websites.

>From "nerves of steel" in the morning, to solving "Elizabeth jitters" by
noon, and falling to "needs speaking confidence" by dinnertime.

If this business is not a roller coaster, I don't know what is.

C.

Craig R. Scott, CG
President and CEO
Heritage Books, Inc.