APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-05 > 1210463230

From: Barbara de Mare <>
Subject: [APG] Fw: Quick Deed
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 16:47:10 -0700 (PDT)

The purpose of the quit-claim deed would be to give up his rights of curtesy in the property. Curtesy is the husband's equivalent of dower. It gives him an interest in the property if he survives his wife. What that interest is depends upon the state. He would relinquish it to give it to his children.

Barbara

Barbara L. de Mare, Esq.
Attorney, historian, genealogist, grandmother
155 Polifly Road
Hackensack, New Jersey 07601

(201) 567-9440 office
http://historygenealogyesq.blogspot.com/