APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-05 > 1211133522

From: Rhonda <>
Subject: [APG] Can Someone Make This Out??
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 10:58:42 -0700 (PDT)

I have been trying to make heads and tails of this census record since I first started in genealogy in 1980:

http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?htx=View&r=an&dbid=7884&iid=KYT624_500-0551&fn=Bessie&ln=Gada&st=r&ssrc=&pid=194344652

Line 59 is my great grandfather, William Gadd. It's been transcribed as Wm Gadd, Wm Gada, W N Gadd.

Line 69 is my grandmother, Bessie Gadd. But I am trying to find out the surname of the 'step-children- as listed.

I say 'step-children' because as far as the family knows, William never married after his wife Elizabeth on 9 Jun 1909. A marriage record has not shown itself in any research. It is believed that this woman was needed, as Bessie was only 6 when her mother passed away.

On line 70 it lists Mattie as his wife. Who is she?? Neither she or any of her children are listed in the 1920 census

I have tried the following:

Seafor
Seafer
Seager