APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-05 > 1211422785

From: "Barbara Mathews" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Tricky Deed
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 22:19:45 -0400

It's just a deed, so reverse-engineering the inheritance rules wasn't what I
was doing. I was just remarking on the proportions of ownership.

Five people accounted for 35 shares, which means 6 shares each.

A group of people who were heirs of one person accounted for 9 shares total.

If the five people had full shares, than the group had a share and a half.

Just proportions, that's all. It seems daunting if you worry about the 44
part, but I don't think you have to worry about that to see the proportion.

Yours, Barbara, who was previously a physicist and so works with
permutations rather than absolutes a good deal of the time...

This thread: