APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-05 > 1211545633

From: Kimmitt Genealogical Research <>
Subject: [APG] Transcription of Tricky Deed
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 08:27:13 -0400

Oh what have I started? Yes, I had already transcribed. I find
extracting difficult, as I'm afraid to misinterpret! I hope it comes
out all right...

William Vinal et als to Simeon Litchfield, [what do I call this kind
of deed?],
Plymouth County Registry of Deeds, Plymouth, Massachusetts, Bk. 109,
folio 89-90; executed 9 May, recorded 11 August 1808.

folio 89
Know all men by these presents that we William
Vinal of Quincy in the County of Norfolk, Gentelman
Jonah Stetson of Charlestown in the County of Middle.
sex Shipwright & Betsey his wife Nathaniel Vinal of
Scituate in the County of Plymouth yeoman Caleb
Bailey of Said Scituate Gentelman and Deborah his
wife Lemuel Vinal of said Scituate Gentelman and
Lydia Vinal ye 3rd of Scituate widow in Consideration
of Eighty nine Dollars & fifty Cents paid by Simeon
Litchfield of Scituate aforesaid yeoman the receipt
whereof we do hereby Acknowledge do hereby Give
grant Sell & Convey unto the Said Simeon Litchfield
his heirs & assigns forever thirty five acres [^forty] fourth
parts of about Six Acres & forty Rods of wood Land
Lying in Said Scituate at mount hope So Called.
& in Common & undivided with other Persons &
is bounded Southerly by the Land of Wm Whitcom
westerly by the Land of Israel Litchfield Northerly
by the Land of Jared Battles with all the priviledges
& appurtenances thereunto belonging To have and
to hold the Same to the Said Simeon Litchfield
his heirs and assigns forever & we do hereby Covenant
with the Said Simeon Litchfield his heirs & Assigns
that we have good right to sell and Convey the
Same as aforesaid & we will warrant & Defend
the same premnises free of all Incumbrances to
the Said Simeon Litchfield his heirs & assigns
against the Lawfull Claims & Demands of all
persons and I William Vinal above named in the
Capacity of Guardian to Sophia Vinal Sally Vinal
##

folio 90
Sally Vinal & William Vinal Vinal Lincoln minors by an
order of the Supreme Judicial Court begun & held at Plymo
within & for the County of Plymouth on the Second
Tuesday of October AD 1807 was [ Licen]ced to make Sale
of nine undivided forty fourth parts of the above Six Acres
and forty rods of Land therefore Know all men by these presents
that I the said William Vinal guardian as aforesaid as well
by virtue of the Power & authority to me Given as aforesaid
as in Consideration of Twenty three Dollars paid me by
the said Simeon Litchfield the receipt whereof I do hereby
acknowledge have given granted bargained & sold & do
hereby in Said Capacity Sell Convey & Confirm unto the
Said Simeon Litchfield his heirs & assigns forever the afores.d
nine undivided undivided forty fourth parts of the aforesaid Six Acres
& forty rods of Land with all the priviledges & Appurtenances
thereunto belonging To have & to hold the Same to the Said
Simeon Litchfield his heirs & assigns that the Said Sophia Sally
& Wiliam Vinal Lincoln are Seized of the premises that
previous to the intended sale I took the Oath & performed
all the requesite steps of the Law in Such Cases required
and that the Said Simeon offered most for the premises &
that the Same was struck of to him at a public vendue
held at the home of Caleb Bailey in Scituate on the 21
day of April AD 1808 for the Said Sum of Twenty three
Dollars and I do further Covenant in the Capacity aforesaid
that I will warrant the same premises free of all Incumb
=rances to the Said Simeon Litchfield his heirs and Assigns
forever against the Lawfull Claims of all Persons in
witness whereof we he Said William Vinal Jonah Stetson
Betsy Stetson Nathaniel Vinal Caleb Bailey Deborah
Bailey, Lemuel Vinal & Lydia Vinal ye 3rd with Priscilla
Vinal wife of the Said Nathaniel Vinal & Polly Vinal,
wife of the said William Vinal Lemuel Vinal in [token]
of their relinquishing their right of Dower to the part
aforesaid Conveyed premises to the Said Simeon
Litchfield

Litchfield his heirs and Assigns forever have hereunto Set
our hands & Seals the ninth day of May in the year of our
Lord one thousand Eight hundred & Eight ~~
Sign.d Seald & Delid
in presence of usWilliam Vinal (Seal)
Isaac LarkinWitnesss to theMary Vinal (Seal)
Jason Putmansigning of WilliamJonah Stetson (Seal)
Sally VinalVinal & Jonah Stetson Elizabeth Stetson (Seal)
Hayward Peirce & wife ––––––––Nathl Vinal (Seal)
Bailey PeircePriscilla Vinal (Seal)
Sally PoutyLydia Vinal 3rd (Seal)
Caleb Bailey (Seal)
Middlesex ss Charlestown JuneDebby Bailey (Seal)
23rd 1808 then personally appear.dLemuel Vinal (Seal)
William Vinal Jonah Stetson andPolly Vinal (Seal)
Elizabeth Stetson subscribers to the annexed instrument &
acknowledged he Same to be their free Act & Deed Before me.
Aaron Putman Justs Peace
Plymouth ss Scituate August 8 1808 personally Appeared
Nathaniel Vinal Priscilla Vinal Lydia Vinal 3rd Caleb
Bailey Debbe Bailey Lemuel Vinal & Polly Vinal
Subscribers to the Annexed Deed & Acknowledged the Same
to be their free Act & Deed Before me Hayward Peirce Justs Peace
Received August 11th 1808 & recorded [symbol] Rossrr Cotton Regr

This thread: