APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-05 > 1211558400

Subject: Re: [APG] Genealogy instructors organization
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 12:00:00 EDT

In a message dated 5/23/2008 9:55:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

Granted, lecturing and teaching require different mixes of preparation,
skill and style.? However, I agree with Elissa that one should think twice about
creating too many narrow-interest organizations, all competing for the same
volunteer time.? Maybe, we should be thinking more in terms of a somewhat
broader group of genealogical "educators" that brings different lecturers,
instructors, and maybe even some writers, together.? Just a thought

J. H. Fonkert, CG
Saint Paul, MN

Many, many years ago there was a program for genealogy teachers. Anne Budd
and I believe Sandra Lubking were very involved in the program. It was under
the NGS umbrella, if I'm remembering correctly.

Marie

Marie Varrelman Melchiori, CG, CGL
Melchiori Research Services, L.L.C.
CG, Certified Genealogist and CGL, Certified Genealogical Lecturer are
service marks of the Board for Certification of Genealogists, used under license
by Board-certified associates after periodic competency evaluations.

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.