APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-05 > 1212064567

From: "Bill Bienia" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Descendant Chart Format
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 08:36:07 -0400

Cheryl,
There are two models for displaying child descent relationships in box
charts:
1) A double line is drawn between the descendant and the spouse(s) and the
children are connected midway along this (these) line(s) with a single line.
(Some programs use a single line between spouses as well.) If there are two
spouses, one is drawn on either side of the descendant. These charts can
become confusing when there are more than two spouses.
2) The spouse is connected to the descendant with a single line and the
children are connected to the spouse with a single line. (Some programs use
a dotted line between spouses in this arrangement.) When a descendant has
several spouses, having the children connected to the spouse of the
descendant clearly associates the children with the respective spouse (and
the same convention serves for one as well as for two or more spouses.)

In either case the descendant may be male or female.

Does this help?

Bill

Bill Bienia, PLCGS
www.CobblestoneLegacies.com