APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-07 > 1215047971

Subject: Re: [APG] Ancestry search pages
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 21:19:31 EDT

Well, I guess I'm not crazy, because other people are filing the same
complaints I've got. In adoption to things that other people have noted, I am
having great trouble finding specific databases -- for example, the Iowa state
censuses or Swedish emigration records. The old search page had a place where
you could search by locale or keyword for a list of specific databases. II
imagine we'll learn new tricks to navigate through this new format, but I'm
not encouraged by what I've seen.

Jay Fonkert, CG
Saint Paul, MN

CG (Certified Genealogist) is a service mark of the Board for Certification
of Genealogists, used under license by Board-certified associates after
periodic competency evaluations.