APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-07 > 1216492701

From: "Sandi King" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Paper of Record Problems
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 14:38:21 -0400

I also just registered with POR and couldn't access the search page so went
to the support page and clicked on FAQ and came up with this:

I haven't tried any of these yet, but I know my Adobe Acrobat is up to date
so it may be my firewall. Could this be your problem too? ** *When
I try to view a page, I get a blank screen instead of a newspaper image.
What's wrong?* There are three possible causes to this problem.

Does your computer have a software based firewall? Some software firewalls
have problems with the way Paper of Record displays images. Try turning off
your firewall software and trying again. If this solves your problem, you
should check if there is an update for your firewall.

Or, your Adobe Acrobat Reader software may not be working properly. Try
reinstalling the Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can get it for free at
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html. When the download is
complete, install Acrobat, reboot your computer, and try again.

The third possibility is that your Acrobat Reader may be waiting for you to
answer a question before it will continue. If you are using a PC, hold down
the ALT key and hit the TAB key. Keep holding the ALT key and hitting TAB
until you have selected the Adobe Acrobat Reader icon, if it is present.
Release the ALT and TAB keys to show the Acrobat window. Once you have
answered the question it is asking, Acrobat should load properly.