APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-07 > 1216770581

From: "Richard A. Pence" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] 1920 census going online - free-entire1790-1930censusindex to be free online
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 19:49:41 -0400

Every time the topic "it should be free" arises, I am reminded of my theory
of why genealogists now outnumber philatelists and numismatists: Most folks
would rather not spend the money.

Free in-home access to all sorts of images is great, but you can get all the
census images - soon to be enhanced - for a few cents more than $12 a month.
I remember the days when transportaion and parking to spend a few hours
cranking microfilm readers at the National Archives cost close to $25 a
trip. For me, $12 a month is cheaaper than the old "free" images at NARA!

Richard P.
Fairfax, Virginia

This thread: