APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-07 > 1217341209

From: Cyndi Henry <>
Subject: Re: [APG] APG Digest, Vol 3, Issue 499 [What Got You Started?]
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 10:20:09 -0400

I feel like such a youngster in this compared to Tom and Betty! I got started in 1985. I had gone back to college at 26 and one of my first sociology exercises was to do a 3 or 4 generation tree of my family. [One of those, "Know where you came from" exercises.] That's all it took! I was hooked!

Before I knew it, my 3 or 4 generation exercise led me to become the "official" family historian for our rather large "clan". It wasn't until 2001, however, that I began to study the how-to's and realized it meant more than just keeping my scribblings in yellowing notebooks. When I went digital, the world of genealogy exploded for me, and it continues to do so!

Now that I also work for clients, my days, and most of my nights, are spent working genealogy. It went way beyond a hobby. It's my Passion!

I feel so blessed to be able to do this for my job!

I love to tease my family and tell them that I know my great-great-grandparents better than I know any of them!

So what got you started???

Cyndi Beane Henry
Mountain Genealogists
Member APG