APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-08 > 1218890440

Subject: Re: [APG] APG Digest, Vol 3, Issue 523
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 07:40:40 -0500

Karen --

Looks to me like

Basket ??? Makin

This writer has an initial "s" similar to the third letteron the previous page,
and the open "a" in the second occurs in some listings.
The middle letters could be ect, except the "t"is consistent with the last
letter of Basket, but if it were it might be a hasty statement that the family
made baskets etc.?

Harold

> Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 23:26:41 -0500
> From: Karen Webster <>
> Subject: [APG] help with occupation on census
> To: <>
>

> Hello -
>
> Can anyone help me read this occupation?
> on the 1860 census
> Columbia, Hamilton County, Ohio
> Goetlip
> Lipman
>
> I cannot understand what the occupation might be. The man was a farmer on other censuses.
>
> Thanks to anyone who wants to take a crack at it.
>
> Karen

Harold Henderson
Research and Writing from Northwest Indiana

home office 219/324-2620
http://midwesternmicrohistory.blogspot.com

This thread: