APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-08 > 1220145804

From: Claire Keenan Agthe <>
Subject: Re: [APG] APG Digest, Vol 3, Issue 541Philly Transport
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 21:23:24 -0400

Doug,

I'm not Richard, but I'll jump in. ;-)

The "best way" from the airport depends on how you balance
convenience and cost (and how much luggage you're hauling). The
airport has long-term parking (convenient but more expensive) and off-
site long-term parking (cheaper; you take a shuttle to/fro your car).

You could take a cab for $28.50 flat rate per trip (door to door,
great if you want to minimize time / walking), call for the hotel
shuttle ($10), or take the train from the airport (R1) which has
stops at each terminal, for $5-6 (unless you qualify for senior
citizen or other discounts). (For those flying in, the walk through
the airport is basically the same for each, so that's not a factor).
The only difference is walking from the train station (Market East
stop, close to Convention Center) or arriving right at the hotel's
door. The cab or shuttle accommodates your schedule; the train means
you have to accommodate its schedule.

If you're up for taking regional rail, you might find it even easier
to park long-term at a suburban train station. From which direction
will you be arriving? Maybe we can offer some advice on the best
stations to look into.

Here's the airport's info on Ground Transportation -- http://
www.phl.org/ground_transportation.html --
and on airport parking -- http://www.phl.org/directions.html --

And here's the hotel's info on transportation options --
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/maps/travel/phldt-philadelphia-
marriott-downtown

Hope that helps.

Claire Keenan Agthe
Bloodlines Genealogical Research Service
7231 Town Court South
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648-4729

http://www.bloodlines.biz

On Aug 30, 2008, at 1:48 PM, wrote:

> In a message dated 8/29/2008 3:16:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> writes:
>

>> ?
>> You can take Amtrak from 30th Street Station. You can also get on
>> SEPTA's R2
>> line at the Market East Station (at the Convention Center) to
>> Wilmington.
>> Here is the link to SEPTA: www.septa.com.
>> ?
>>
> Richard
> If I may take advantage of you please. You seem very familiar with
> city
> transport. I am driving in and really don't want to pay Marriott
> $41/day for the
> car. I was planning on parking in long term parking at the airport.
> What is the
> best way back into town to the Marriott from the airport?
> Douglas Burnett
> Satellite Beach
> FL

This thread: