APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-09 > 1220477614

From: "Nancy" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Mundane question
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 17:33:34 -0400

Actually, the churches which I'm referring to are all in the eastern NY area
(ie: Dutchess, Columbia, Ulster, Albany counties).
For example,
Reformed Church, Claverack, Columbia co., NY
Reformed Dutch Church, Claverack, Columbia co., NY
Reformed Protestant Dutch Church, Flatbush, NY

When I get a reference to a reformed or lutheran church, I try to find the
specific church on the internet to see how it is referred to, but I have
seen times where the names were different on the website. I've also run into
those that merged. In that case, it seemed like a real headache to pinpoint
what the exact name of the church was where "my people" were baptised.

Yes, I understand that Wikipedia info is dependent upon the contributor. The
links that were provided I felt were more trustworthy as they provided
access to the organization's website. To be honest, I know little about any
of these denominations as I'm buddhist. My ignorance embarrasses me. I felt,
at the time, that Wikipedia would at least be the begining of the process.
Nancy