APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-09 > 1221599754

From: "Elissa Scalise Powell, CG" <>
Subject: [APG] Hurricane Ike
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 17:15:54 -0400

Hurricane Ike certainly has a larger effect than most would think. Here in
Pittsburgh we had high winds (no rain) which ripped up many trees and roofs,
downed power lines and took out phone, electric, and cell service. As of
Monday night 100,000 households did not have power in our area. Many are
being told they won't have it until Wednesday. The irony is that many of our
electric repair trucks, parts and manpower are volunteering in Texas where
they headed out late last week.

-- Elissa who is still cleaning up branches and neighbor's toys, shingles,
siding and debris from her yard

Elissa Scalise Powell, CG
www.PowellGenealogy.com
Certification of Genealogists used under license after periodic evaluations
by the Board.

I've
> tried since Sunday to use an interactive component of the website of the
> Organization of American Historians in Bloomington, Indiana --and was
> getting a bit distressed as a deadline came and went on Monday for
> submission of material relevant to a presentation assigned for the next
> conference. Just now, they e-mailed to say that Hurricane Ike, as it moved
> into that region, had downed their server.

This thread: