APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-09 > 1222664902

From: "Kirsten Bowman" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Incorrect Online Information
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 22:08:22 -0700

Jennifer:

I think it's impossible to straighten out the family history tangles on the
Internet in a single lifetime. Two things you can do, though, are these:
(1) Post your own information online with thorough source notes and, (2)
when you see trees with messages inviting corrections, write to the owners
and offer your evidence (delicately). Some people will welcome your
corrections, others will ignore them. It can take years (literally) for
your efforts to have an effect, but eventually you'll begin to see results.

Kirsten