APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-09 > 1222686400

From: Nicole La Rue <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Incorrect Online Information
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 04:06:40 -0700 (PDT)

I have to agree with contacting the people and telling them about your information, even though you can't force them to change what they have. I still have two people who I've contacted about wrong information about an ancestor of mine and his son. I told them about the information I had hoping they would change what they had posted. One person completely ignored the email and obviously didn't change what was posted, the other responded to my email in a friendly manner but ignored the part about changing the posting information. It's certainly worth trying to get wrong information off the web, that stuff has a tendency to spread like wildfire, but it can take a lot of time before you see a difference. The best you can do is to contact the people posting the wrong info, post your own info, and be patient that your information will cancel out the wrong info.

Good Luck!
Nicole LaRue