APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-09 > 1222698370

From: "Charles S. Mason, Jr." <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Incorrect Online & printed Information
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 10:26:10 -0400

Michelle,

I have two suggestions that may help you and others in getting corrected
information out to other researchers. Have you found enough information
that needs to be corrected that you could have a small book published. You
could title it to indicate that these are corrections to the 7 volumes. The
other alternative is to find a local historical or genealogical society that
would publish the corrected information in their newsletter or journal.
This would get your corrected information out there. Anyone who does a
through search for published information should then find the corrections
you and other have done.

I have found published information on some of my families and have run into
the same problems you have had. The worst one is on the LDS's ancestral
file. If you believe the marriage information for two of my third great
grandparents, she had her first child when she was six years old. I know I
have correct information.

Chuck Mason