APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-09 > 1222699481

From: "Tom Kemp" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Incorrect Online & printed Information
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 10:44:41 -0400

I like the new approaches that we're seeing with the Ancestry/trees &
newFamilySearch that make it easy to add links to the documentation - giving
future genealogists not just the citation but a link to the actual document.

As genealogists diligently link the documentation - then it will be easy for
genealogists to view and weigh conflicting documents - I particularly like
the newFamilySearch approach that makes it easy to update the
data/documentation for each person - let's you see other people's opinions -
without letting them overwrite yours. A great use of the Web
2.0 possibilities. Clearly the nFS format will become THE preferred format
for preserving and recording our data in the years ahead.

Tom

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 10:26 AM, Charles S. Mason, Jr. <