APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-09 > 1222702035

From: "Elliott, Desta (JCNA)" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] incorrect Information
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 09:27:15 -0600

Sadly, ancestry.com makes it easy to upload family trees that can then
be copied into other trees. It is not as easy to remove an uploaded
tree, so its not easy to 'fix' errors. You can, however, post notes to
trees & to Ancestry online records. I have posted many, with corrections
in spelling, dates etc. It makes me feel better, even if there are
hundreds of tress with my great great grandfather's marriage date mixed
up with his death date. <sigh>

One feature I use when I teach genealogy is LDS. Since I am in the
Chicago area, we look up Abraham Lincoln. The search result is riddled
with erros and redundancies. Point made for my class.

Desta Elliott MA MBA

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may be subject to legal privilege. If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager. Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.