APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-10 > 1222865032

From: Barbara de Mare <>
Subject: [APG] Incorrect Information
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 05:43:52 -0700 (PDT)

Ah yes, another of those things I don't understand--why people think if the Mormons have it in their library or publish it, it is gospel.  The IGI is a prime example.  Why anyone even looks at it is beyond me.  This is just another example of why trying to correct all mis-information on the web is impossible and, IMHO, a complete waste of my valuable and too short research time.

Although the FHL now wants a little more proof of a line before printing it, there was a time they took anything submitted.  I once found a roll of microfilm in the FHL which in addition to what I was seeking contained two genealogies from the submitters back to Adam and Eve.

Barbara L. de Mare, Esq.
Attorney, historian, genealogist, grandmother
155 Polifly Road
Hackensack, New Jersey 07601

(201) 567-9440 office
http://historygenealogyesq.blogspot.com/