APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-10 > 1223569000

From: "Deb's Family History" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Preserving Data and Why Things Get Thrown Out
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 09:16:40 -0700 (PDT)

Michael,

I have a suggestion about your grandmother's engagment ring. If the two rings are not exactly the same style you might try scanning the photographs taken early in her marriage that show her ring hand. Then magnifying the area to see if you can identify one of the two rings. I realize that with some pictures this will not be possible due to clarity, but it is worth a try.

Look for more than people in the photographs to help identify who owned certain family artifacts. In 2002 I used a photo from 1954 to show my mother a vase on a table. We were sorting things to keep after my grandmother passed away and my mom thought her mother bought the vase at flea market a few years before she died.

Debbie Stiff Monsive
Cottage Grove, Oregon