APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-10 > 1224897384

From: Claire Bettag <>
Subject: Re: [APG] APG Digest, Vol 3, Issue 648
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 21:16:24 -0400

For me, those "good old days" are not in the past. I still prefer a
day in bayou-side courthouses to a day clicking away on Internet
sites. I even admit to consulting microfilmed census records at NARA!
I realize the revolution we are witnessing is amazing and I appreciate
the growing access we have to the records we need to do our work. But
I confess that for me, at least, sitting at home in front of a
computer, amazing as it is, is not more fun than poring over musty old
books in the courthouse! (smile!)

Claire