APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-10 > 1224901697

Subject: Re: [APG] APG Digest, Vol 3, Issue 651--real documents vs microfilm
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 22:28:17 EDT

In a message dated 10/24/2008 9:51:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

> the growing access we have to the records we need to do our work. But
> I confess that for me, at least, sitting at home in front of a
> computer, amazing as it is, is not more fun than poring over musty old
> books in the courthouse! (smile!)

There is absolutely nothing that can compare with the feeling of holding a
200+ year old document in your hand. It makes no difference if it is your family
or not. I get chills every time.
Douglas Burnett
Satellite Beach
FL

Play online games for FREE at Games.com! All of your favorites,