APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-10 > 1225078171

From: " Charles S. Mason, Jr." <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Good Old Days
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 20:29:31 -0700

Noreen,

The first time I had your experience I was looking at military fort and post reports at the National Archives. The forts or posts around the United States, had to report to Washington, DC on their activities each month. I am not sure how many boxes I had opened and undid the red tape that they were tied together with, when I realized I was the first person to look at these reports since they had been sent to the archives. Most of the reports were 100 to 120 years old.

This set me up for finding original records for my ancestors and made me appreciate the experience ever more.

Chuck Mason