APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-12 > 1229434904

Subject: Re: [APG] Chicago Marriage Records and other LDS databases
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 07:41:44 -0600

Tom --

I appreciate your points, and that you were discussing Cook County and not
NARA. But can you respond to Peggy's larger concerns, namely

* that difficult images are left out altogether rather than being noted?

* that original records once indexed and filmed will no longer be available to
researchers?

The good quality of online images pulled, and the existence of free indexes,
are indeed great news, but they don't speak to these two disturbing questions
she raised.

Harold Henderson