APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2008-12 > 1230586460

From: Claire Bettag <>
Subject: [APG] Fwd: APG List
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 16:34:20 -0500

Recently a number of posts discussed the digitization projects
underway at the National Archives. I do not wish to re-start that
discussion here! However, I do believe readers deserve to hear NARA's
answer.

In hopes of getting clarity from a NARA official with authority to
respond to some of the points raised, I sent a query to NARA. James
Hastings (Director, Access Programs, NARA), one of the officials in
charge of the digitization projects, responded to a number of the
points made on this list. With Hastings's permission, I am posting his
message below. I appreciate his taking the time to address this for
us, and hope this information will help readers understand more
clearly some of the issues.

Jim Hastings does not monitor this list, but he said he would answer
further queries sent to him privately.

Sincerely,

Claire Bettag, CG, CGL
1685 34th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20007
202-625-2598
202-436-2121 (cell)

CG (Certified Genealogist) and CGL (Certified Genealogical Lecturer)
are service marks of the Board for Certification of Genealogists, used
under license by Board-certified associates after periodic competency
evaluations.

Begin forwarded message:

This thread: