APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2009-01 > 1231462317

From: Ida Skarson McCormick <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Automobile train collision
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 16:51:57 -0800

Patrice:

Do you have the name of a person who died in the accident? You can
check the online Oregon death indexes
<http://www.deathindexes.com/oregon/index.html>; and Washington death
index <http://www.digitalarchives.wa.gov/default.aspx>; to narrow down
the location.and date. Do you have the name of the railroad/railway
company? An appropriate railroad/railway company historical society
or county historical society might be able to help. Possibly there
are records of an official investigation. You may find some ideas at
<http://www.gngoat.org/>;.

--Ida Skarson McCormick, , Seattle

At 02:41 PM 1/8/2009, "Patrice Hartman" <> wrote:
>Can anyone tell me if there is a index to newspaper articles that
>might cover automobile or train accidents in the state of Washington
>or Oregon? I am searching for an automobile train collision that
>occurred between 1910 and 1917 in one of these two states. Are there
>any books or periodical articles that might cover this type of
>event? Once I have a location I can do more in-depth searching of
>sources in the area. Thank you.

This thread: